Tuesday, April 27, 2010

create a creature...


Back at school after what turned out to be a long weekend, we got down and dirty. Very, very dirty.  That is not to say that we spent all day playing with blood.  We didn't.  Out came the nose putty, the sprit gum and the paint to make an undefined creature.

First experience with nose putty and I have to say that I am sure it will get easier, and tidier, but it was a messy and confronting experience forcing us to turn 2D ideas into 3D realized concepts.  I designed a cartoon like Draculette.  She was to be blue with a little pixie nose and protruding eyebrows.  The nose went down, more or less, without a hitch.  The eyebrow bones however, did not.  Although they were indeed protruding and blended into the skin fairly well, I just could not get the shape I wanted and was forced to settle.  A learning experience none the less.

That's what school is though isn't it.  A learning experience.

Last week we made blood, latex bald caps and worked on eye sockets.  This week, we will apply that blood to new and elaborate wounds, apply our hand made bald caps and, well, probably not do anything related to eye sockets.

Tomorrow is bald cap today and I am certain the pictures should be a laugh and a half.  I cannot imagine they will work well as they are so thin, however, I will give it my best go.  My model had a super thick head of hair, making my first bald cap application more fun, of course!

And now it is gym time....

No comments:

Post a Comment