Sunday, September 5, 2010

Once a month, twice a month

August proved to be a crazy month packed full with school work, big assignments, dancing and trying to answer my emails in a timely manner.  I did alright, except I failed that last one.

So, in a quick recap.  I forget much of the month as it has rolled up into one big ball.  However, there are a few stand out moments I do remember.

Illamasqua called.  I am on their short list of successful candidates for the opening of their counter in Myer Chadstone.  I must now patiently wait for the phone call inviting me to a training session that I am hopefully in town for and for the opening, which I have been told is October 8 2010.  This is exciting news that I will keep everyone posted on!

Next up, I managed to squeeze one whole photo shoot into my entire month with Alister from Image Asylum.  Miss Carly Peacock proved to be the fabulous model I expected and our hair stylist, Aida Woldu did a fabulous job!  Clothing and location were provided by Davida from Lupa and it was a treat to have access to so many amazing designs.


And, last by most certainly not least.  And not even in August, but on the windy, rainy day of September 4, 2010, I was asked by my instructor/inspiring makeup artist, Eve Flight to assist on a Melbourne Spring Fashion Week event put on by MissBossyBoots staring Phillip Boon in 'The Stylist Says.'  It was a fabulous day that included more nail painting and brush washing than it did makeup application, however, the opportunity was exciting and finally immersing myself in Melbourne's fashion world really put me back in my element.  

With winter and August gone, Spring is trying to set in and September is offering itself up as a pretty crazy month as well.  Starting off with Fashion Week was a fabulous way to start off and once all of my assignments are out of the way, it is time for IMATS!  I can not wait for the shopping, the lectures, the information and, of course, the weekend away in a city I have never been to.  The Monday following IMATS, I have a 7 hour workshop, The Editorial Edge,  booked with Kevin James Bennet that I am dreadfully excited about!  And then, I will finish September off with a bang with House of Burlesques Fringe Festival performance 'History of Burlesque through the eyes of Minsky Malone,' in which I will be designing and applying makeup with the help of Academy of Makeup students, sewing and assisting with costumes and, most recently, performing!  It is going to be great fun!

And so, I  must get back to catching up on my 2 weeks of unanswered e-mails before I fall into a well needed slumber!

..wooo.. look at all those links.  Happy perrr-oozing!

No comments:

Post a Comment