Tuesday, May 4, 2010

dance like no one's watching?


I took the weekend mostly off.  I brought home all of my makeup with the intention of practicing to make perfect but found myself giving up after a few scars, some socket lines and resorted to cleaning my brushes and organizing my kit instead.  Funny thing is, I have a feeling I may have practiced more than most.

Homework for todays class was a pli sheet for both drag makeup and skull makeup.  I designed both and was quite pleased with my results and looking very forward to the elaborate-ness that is drag makeup.  However, when school starts we are told that, instead of the aforementioned designs, we are to do what is called 'ballet makeup.'  I had never heard this term before but as the demonstrations unfolded, I was quite excited as it was the most elaborate makeup we have done yet that could be classified as high fashion.

As the look unfolded, I put more and more effort into making my lines clean, my colors strong and my blending flawless.  I am so keen to enter the IMATS fantasy competition in Sydney, however, I need 8-10 strong pictures that will get me one of the 8 spots.  I had two and after todays makeup and a mini photo shoot in the hallway, I think I may have three.

Tomorrow we are doing a half face casting.  Sounds dreadfully boring, yet interesting.  I, hopefully, will have an entertaining story and a few pictures to share.

until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment