Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ageing Andene


Week 3 has begun and it seems that all of our paperwork and heavy note taking is over and we have finally dove in hands first, fingers gripping brushes! Week 2 had us master our basic shading, do our first in school straight makeup (*picture 1) and prepped us for the stage/character makeup we will be doing every Tuesday and Friday for the rest of the semester.

Todays Character: Aged Andene
I must admit, this was all very new to me. Ageing, hard lines, feathering and really caking it on to assure the detail, bags, wrinkles and all, could be viewed by any audience member, provided my model were playing the part of a much older lady in a stage production. However, despite being a character virgin, I was quite pleased with the outcome and became inspired by the infinite possibilities of the face.

Character makeup, here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment