Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fresh Start

Ok makeup world. Friends, family, mom, Teer?  I think I got everyone who might see this covered.

Anyways, we will change all of that soon!  Uni is finally finished and I am buckling down and focusing on my makeup, design and just really really enjoying 2011.

The year has started off in the most brilliant and inspiring way.  Illamasqua has started to pick up and our Chadstone location will be seeing huge success soon!  I am very excited about this and have been falling in love with all of the pieces since we opened.



Another huge and exciting part of of my early January was a trip to Sydney to assist and attend Donna Mee  in her week long set of workshops.  I learnt so much about makeup application that I was literally blown away and exhausted half way through the week.  Donna specializes in corrective makeup and this was the focus of a lot of what she taught us.  Big stand outs for me were the 'Highlights and Contour class' and the 'Eye Color Theory Class.'  Leaving me beyond inspired were the "Print and Bridal Class' and the "Fashion Makeup Class' as we discovered so much about, finding, getting and keeping work in all of those areas.  I felt like a giant sponge come Friday evening when I jumped back on my plane to Melbourne.

I met some amazing people throughout this week and cannot wait until next time we all meet up and go crazy over makeup!



Perhaps, throughout the next few months, I will reveal some tips and tricks that I learnt from Donna as I discover how to utilize them in my own little makeup world.  I have already amazed one client with a Donna technique and cannot wait to share the difference some simple, subtle makeup tricks really can make a huge difference.

I received an Illamasqua package in the mail today so next up, swatches.

1 comment:

  1. Hey JeNelle, just found out about your blog on Facebook!!!!
    WOW, you work for Illamasqua? How great is that!
    Can't wait to see your swatches!

    ReplyDelete